Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Indonesia- day 16

Day 16 Tues 9/11
In the tent, by the morning, we were frozen. Maggie dragged me out of my sleeping bag for breakfast and to watch the sunrise that brought a bit of heat with it. By the time we were finished watching the sunrise, the rest of our group had already started their hike for the Day 2. One of our porters guided us down the mountain, the same way we went up, which was ten times easier than we thought it would be, and a hundred times easier than the climb up. On the way down, we met three people from Portugal and learned about their midnight climb they had done the night before. I was so thankful we did the two days, because my legs were quivering both days and I don't think I would have survived straight up for eight hours than an immediate turnaround. We also ran into Weibke, one of the people we had dinner with the night before, who was on her journey up. The climb was totally worth everything we put into it and we don't regret one bit of it. It was the most legitimate hiking I'll be doing in my entire life. We were more than thrilled to finish the trek down, but had to get in a terrible cab ride for two hours back to Senggigi. When we returned, we were both car sick and immediately got in the shower to wash off the built up layers of dirt. We got lunch and cafe hopped for the rest of the day.We had dinner with, Steven, a guy we had pulled tables together with the other night, from Tennessee. We ate at his favorite place in town, Young Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment