Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Overdue End of Southeast Asia

Looking back on my blog, I see the last month of Southeast Asia went undocumented. From Sapa, we traveled down Vietnam and stopped in all the major cities, including NhaTrang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), etc. I hate to admit it, but by the time we got to most of Vietnam, I was burned out of traveling. We still did some pretty amazing things and I will try to write about them at a later date... It has been almost a year since Maggie and I started our trip around the world. It seems like yesterday. The journey was eye opening to say the least. The things I learned are countless and I am beyond happy that I took the opportunity to explore when I did. I don't think anyone can grasp the life of a backpacker until they have committed themselves to it for at least a few weeks. To be a backpacker, a person has to have a love for change. They have to seek new and exciting changes, embrace growth, and be ready for temporary housing and friends. Personally, I have a love for consistency and schedule. Change is intimidating and I fear it. I love to travel and there is nothing better than a good vacation, but for now, you will find me living an American life, setting up a bedroom that I can call my own for more than three days at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment